Recognize the Gemstones
Explore Gemology and identify Precious Stones
LanguageEnglish (Cantonese)orEnglish (Mandarin)
PriceHK$ 2 ,000/pers.
Discover gemstones as a professional using gemological tools and identify the different gemstones on your tray.
During this course
Immersed in the colored atmosphere of great precious stone markets - Chanthaburi in Thailand, Ratnapura in Sri Lanka or Bogota in Colombia - learn how to tell the difference between several stones.
Observe them with the naked eye, and use professional tools like an expert including a loupe, refractometer, polariscope, and scale.
Become a knowledgeable connoisseur of gemstones by training your eye and discovering the tools of the gemologist!
This class is conducted by two gemologists.
Good to know
- You are welcomed by your teachers before the class starts: a chance to meet each other and share experiences
- Coffee, tea, and pastries are offered upon your arrival
- You don’t need to bring any specific material
- A certificate is given at the end of the class
What makes L'ÉCOLE experience so special :
- High-quality education: L'ÉCOLE as education and research center has a scientific council
- A very unique faculty: all the teachers are passionate experts chosen for their enthusiasm and skill in transmitting their knowledge
- Generosity: skills are presented with ease in an enjoyable way, hands-on experience and dialogue. Classes are for everyone with no pre-requisites
- Exclusive interaction: courses are delivered in small groups to allow students to discuss one-on-one with the experts
- Initiation courses: on an “à la carte” basis courses offered to all those who want to learn and become enlightened amateurs
To go further
- After each class, teachers deliver a list of books, podcasts, websites, museums related to the course attended
- Deepen your understanding of gemology and find out what makes diamonds unique with the course "Fascinating Diamonds 2: Science and Gemology".
* This course is offered at L’ÉCOLE in Hong Kong twice a month in English. Simultaneous Cantonese interpretation device is available at one lesson, and the same service is available in Mandarin at the other lesson. Students have to confirm if they need interpretation during their booking.