First Steps into the World of Jewelry
Discover the word of jewelry
LanguageEnglish (Cantonese)orEnglish (Mandarin)
Whether you are attracted to precious stones, interested in the history of jewelry - from prehistoric times to the present day - or in its various crafts, these two-and-a-half hours classes will set you on the road to knowledge.
During this course
An introduction to the various aspects of jewelry, enjoy a first-hand experience in understanding gemstones, High Jewelry savoir-faire and the styles which brought about the birth of jewels.
During this class, discover the main themes of L'ÉCOLE's curriculum and visit the classrooms and workshops.
This class is conducted by an art historian and a gemologist.
Good to know
- You are welcomed by your teachers before the class starts: a chance to meet each other and share experiences
- Coffee, tea, and pastries are offered upon your arrival
- You don’t need to bring any specific material
- A certificate is given at the end of the class
What makes L'ÉCOLE experience so special
- High-quality education: L'ÉCOLE as education and research center has a scientific council
- A very unique faculty: all the teachers are passionate experts chosen for their enthusiasm and skill in transmitting their knowledge
- Generosity: skills are presented with ease in an enjoyable way, hands-on experience and dialogue. Classes are for everyone with no pre-requisites
- Exclusive interaction: courses are delivered in small groups to allow students to discuss one-on-one with the experts
- Initiation courses: on an “à la carte” basis courses offered to all those who want to learn and become enlightened amateurs
To go further
- After each class, teachers deliver a list of books, podcasts, websites, museums related to the course attended
- Travel further into the world of jewelry by signing up for one or more in-depth courses, which are specifically dedicated to the Art History of Jewelry, the Universe of Gemstones and Savoir-Faire.
* This course is offered at L’ÉCOLE in Hong Kong twice a month in English. Simultaneous Cantonese interpretation device is available at one lesson, and the same service is available in Mandarin at the other lesson. Students have to confirm if they need interpretation during their booking.