A History of Jewelry, from Louis XIV to Art Deco
Explore how jewels evolved into Jewelry
LanguageEnglishorEnglish (Cantonese)English (Mandarin)
PriceHK$ 2 ,000/pers.
From Louis XIV to Art Deco, punctuated by extraordinary discoveries, the history of jewels is marked by great creators.
During this course
After a retrospective journey, detailing the various styles of jewelry, its great aesthetic themes, and their origin, from Baroque to Art Deco, from gems and precious metals to the most innovative materials - discover the blossoming of modern and contemporary jewelry.
You will also have the privilege of observing extraordinary antique jewelry pieces.
Discover the evolution of jewelry from different perspectives: history, culture, style, symbolism…
This course is led by two art historians.
Good to know
- You are welcomed by your teachers before the class starts: a chance to meet each other and share experiences
- Coffee, tea, and pastries are offered upon your arrival
- You don’t need to bring any specific material
- A certificate is given at the end of the class
What makes L'ÉCOLE experience so special :
- High-quality education: L'ÉCOLE as education and research center has a scientific council
- A very unique faculty: all the teachers are passionate experts chosen for their enthusiasm and skill in transmitting their knowledge
- Generosity: skills are presented with ease in an enjoyable way, hands-on experience and dialogue. Classes are for everyone with no pre-requisites
- Exclusive interaction: courses are delivered in small groups to allow students to discuss one-on-one with the experts
- Initiation courses: on an “à la carte” basis courses offered to all those who want to learn and become enlightened amateurs
To go further
- After each class, teachers deliver a list of books, podcasts, websites, museums related to the course attended
- Discover how jewels evolved across the ages from Antiquity to the Renaissance with the course "Gold and Jewelry: From Antiquity to the Renaissance Princes".