Art Nouveau Jewelry
Discover the style that introduced a new creative freedom
LanguageEnglish (Cantonese)orEnglish (Mandarin)
Born in reaction to the eclecticism of the end of the 19th century, Art Nouveau - the first "Global Art" - was a revolutionary artistic movement.
During this course
Decipher and interpret the style of this "Belle Epoque" period: The historical context, its sources of inspiration, its influences, and how it spread.
By presenting jewelry creations of well-known figures such as Lalique, Vever, and Fouquet, the teachers will introduce you to the bold innovations of visionaries whose daring had no limit: Curves, asymmetry, and new materials.
Discover the evolution of jewelry from different perspectives: history, culture, style, symbolism…
This course is led by two art historians.
Good to know
- You are welcomed by your teachers before the class starts: a chance to meet each other and share experiences
- Coffee, tea, and pastries are offered upon your arrival
- You don’t need to bring any specific material
- A certificate is given at the end of the class
What makes L'ÉCOLE experience so special :
- High-quality education: L'ÉCOLE as education and research center has a scientific council
- A very unique faculty: all the teachers are passionate experts chosen for their enthusiasm and skill in transmitting their knowledge
- Generosity: skills are presented with ease in an enjoyable way, hands-on experience and dialogue. Classes are for everyone with no pre-requisites
- Exclusive interaction: courses are delivered in small groups to allow students to discuss one-on-one with the experts
- Initiation courses: on an “à la carte” basis courses offered to all those who want to learn and become enlightened amateurs
To go further
- After each class, teachers deliver a list of books, podcasts, websites, museums related to the course attended
- Deepen your understanding of the jewelry evolution with the course "A History of Jewelry, from Louis XIV to Art Deco".
* This course is offered at L’ÉCOLE in Hong Kong twice a month in English. Simultaneous Cantonese interpretation device is available at one lesson, and the same service is available in Mandarin at the other lesson. Students have to confirm if they need interpretation during their booking.